Communication Apprehension Video Presentation [WLOs: 1] [CLOs: 2, 4, 5]
Click each source below:
- Week 3 Discussion Advice(attach below)
- Week 3 Discussion Video Resources
- Tips For Leaving a Good Video
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read Chapter 5 of Making Connections: Understanding Interpersonal Communication(attach below), watch theSpeaking up without freaking out | Matt Abrahams | TEDxPaloAlto,(https://youtu.be/XIXvKKEQQJo) (Links to an external site.)and watch the sample Week 3 Video Presentation (Links to an external site.) video. You will also need to read the Week 3 Video Presentation Training(attach below), and take the Week 3 Discussion Training Quiz.
One of the most frustrating challenges and barriers to effective interpersonal communication at work is communication apprehension. However, there are ways to overcome this challenge. In this discussion forum, you will be required to record a 2.5- to 3-minute video using the Canvas video tool or upload an .mp4 file using an external tool. Please do not insert a link to your video. In the video you will explain communication apprehension and then one apprehension you have experienced in the past at work. If you have limited, or no, work experience, consider discussing communication apprehension you have experienced in your personal life. You will then discuss some strategies from Bevan (2020) and Abrahams (2018) that you can use to overcome your fear(s).
Before completing your video presentation, you will create an outline of what you will say in the video. The outline will be a bullet-pointed overview, not a narrative. The video will be the narrative and include deeper explanations. You will copy and paste your outline in the discussion forum, along with the video.
In your video and outline, you must
- Explain communication apprehension, using and citing your textbook.
- Describe a time you experienced a specific type of communication apprehension identified in your textbook (dyadic, group or meeting, or public speaking) in the workplace.
- Explain two specific strategies you can use to overcome your communication apprehension based on advice from Chapter 5 and the Speaking Up Without Freaking Out | Matt Abrahams | TEDxPaloAlto (Links to an external site.)
- Explain what you will gain from making these improvements.
- Post both your outline and a video, using the Canvas video posting system.
- Remember, you will be required to mention your textbook and the Speaking Up Without Freaking Out | Matt Abrahams | TEDxPaloAlto (Links to an external site.) video in your presentation. Be sure to use their names in your presentation.
- If you have a disability that prevents you from speaking in a video or hearing the videos of others, please let your instructor know, and they will provide you with an alternative for completing this assignment
I need you to complete the outline but I don’t need you to make the video I just need you to write the script that I will be saying in the video. Please be sure to write the script as if you were doing the video and that is everything you are saying in the video verbatim.
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
com200 communication apprehension video presentation was first posted on July 1, 2020 at 1:06 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com