Database, Database Management System, and Business Applications
1. Watch the following two videos from the lynda.com course Relational Database Fundamentals with Adam Wilbert.
- Database Management Systems (DBMS)? (4 min 36 s)
- Relational Structures (3 min 57 s)
2. Review Figure F2.1 Database, Database Management System, and Business Applications on page 28 of the textbook. Based on the videos, and your readings this week, please respond to the following questions:
- Choose a set of data from the database list (e.g., Performance data). Next, select the appropriate application program that the data interfaces with via the database management system (i.e. Performance program). Now, explain how information from the application and system are displayed on your computer screen as the user. Explain how you use the program and what functions are available to you. What recommendations would you make to improve the programs functionality to make it easier for end users?
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”