Counselor educators and supervisors are seen as gatekeepers for the profession, ensuring that learners who graduate from their programs are competent to provide counseling services to the public. In many graduate counseling programs, attending personal counseling sessions is a requirement. Counseling is also frequently required in situations where learners are demonstrating problem behaviors and have been placed in a remediation program.
Describe how counselors-in-training in general can proactively identify when counseling services would be beneficial and how this can support their preparation for becoming professional counselors.
Support your ideas with references to specific ethical standards and to a minimum of one peer-reviewed article. You may consider optional articles from this unit. Follow current APA style and formatting guidelines in your post.
Respond to the initial discussion post of one other learner. What reactions do you have to the ideas the learner has presented? Include examples from your own experience to support your perspective, and raise questions to continue the dialogue.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Learn how laws apply to credentialing, certification, and licensing of counseling professionals.
- Learn about the different types of professionals a counselor may work with.
- Determine the proper application of APA formatting requirements.
- Develop communication appropriate for professional counseling settings.
- Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- How Do I Find Peer-Reviewed Articles?.
- Selecting the Best Keywords.
- Select the Best Databases.
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
gatekeeping 1 was first posted on June 30, 2020 at 10:56 pm.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org