1.Describe situations you have heard about in which companies have practiced evidence-based management, as well as situations in which companies have relied on fads that lacked sufficient evidence of their worth.
2.Why is diversity of thought important for today’s organization? Do you think an organization can have diversity of thought if all employees are of the same race and approximately the same age and background? Explain your answer.
3. Several service representatives are upset that the newly hired representative with no previous experience will be paid $3,000 a year above the starting salary in the pay range. The department manager explained that the new hire would not accept the entry-level rate, so the company raised the offer by $3,000. All five representatives currently earn salaries near the top of the scale ($15,000 higher than the new recruit), although they all started at the minimum starting salary a few years earlier. Use equity theory to explain why the five service representatives feel inequity in this situation.
4. Use all three components of expectancy theory to explain why some employees are motivated to show up for work during a severe snowstorm whereas others make no effort to leave their home.
5. Case Study
- Why did Adam lose his Motivation?
Adam was 19 years old and a very hard working and confident data entry clerk. He wanted to make a lot of money so that he could get a place of his own. His production was the highest in his group; but, being on an hourly rate, he did not benefit financially from this. He believed that his hard work and demonstrated results would eventually pay off and soon he would be promoted to supervisor at $15 per hour more. After Adam had been a year in the job, with consistently high performance, Serge, a 28-year-old co-worker, with a poorer production record, got the promotion to the supervisory role. Adam was very upset, particularly since Serge always seemed to be “goofing off” and talking to people. No one told Adam why he had been overlooked. In time Adam’s production dropped to the level of his co-workers’. Six months after Serge promotion, Adam quit for a job paying $1 an hour more.
- Use Victor Vroom’s “Expectancy Theory” terms of expectancy, instrumentality, and valence to analyze Adam’s motivation both before and after Serge’s promotion.
- Use “Equity and Organizational Justice Theory” to analyze Adam’s motivation and behaviour both before and after Serge’s promotion.
- On the basis of your analysis, recommend what could have been done differently by management to motivates and retain Adam after promoting Serge.
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
human interfaces orgb 601 was first posted on July 17, 2020 at 10:53 pm.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com