Assignment 1: Article Critique
DNP graduates are expected to apply research findings and integrate nursing science into evidence-based practice. To develop your ability to engage in this high level of nursing practice, you will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of a research study over the next several weeks using the concepts presented throughout Weeks 1 through 9 of the course. Your final analysis will be a 5- to 7-page paper in APA format, that includes the following:
1) Write an introduction ending with a purpose statement (e.g. “the purpose of this study is…).
2) Provide a two paragraph overviews of the study.
3) Identify three strengths of the study and support your selection (i.e. why is this a
4) Identify three weaknesses of the study and support your selection (i.e. why is this a
Note: The strengths and weaknesses should be in relation to:
· Data collection
· Statistical analysis
· Results and discussion.
5) Propose changes to improve the quality of the study capitalizing on the strengths and
6) improving on the weaknesses you identified in the study.
7) Summarize the implications for nursing practice.
8) Write a conclusion for your paper
The purpose of the analysis is to help you develop a deeper understanding of the research process, to inspire you to think critically and deeply about research on a specific topic, and to strengthen your ability to integrate research findings into evidence-based nursing practice. This assignment also gives you practice in analyzing the research literature, which will support you when you begin your DNP project.
Due Wednesday October 25, 2017 before midnight!
“PLACE THIS PAPER OR A SIMILAR PAPER WITH NURSING ESSAY TUTORS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT”
Identify three weaknesses of the study and support your selection (i.e. why is this a weakness) was first posted on September 18, 2019 at 1:23 pm.
©2019 "nursingassignmenttutor". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at [email protected]