Lobbying for Better Schizophrenia Treatment
Imagine yourself as a future lobbyist in the healthcare field. Lobbyists look to influence lawmakers and government officials to get funding for specific issues or to get laws passed on a particular topic. Healthcare lobbyists focus on healthcare generally, or on specific disorders such as cancer or mental illness. Imagine that you are a lobbyist for mental illness and for schizophrenia specifically.
Submit by Day 7 a PowerPoint presentation (10 slides) tailored for government officials that advocates for creating “safer,” more effective treatment options for schizophrenia. Your presentation must include a pharmacological analysis of the following:
- Issues related to treating patients with schizophrenia
- Side effects of antipsychotics
- How antipsychotic side effects might be managed or mitigated
Support your Assignment with specific references to the Learning Resources and any additional references you used.
- Advokat, C. D., & Comaty, J. E., & Julien, R. M. (2019). Julien’s primer of drug action: A comprehensive guide to the actions, uses, and side effects of psychoactive drugs (14th ed.). New York, NY: Worth Publishers/Macmillan.
- Chapter 11, “Antipsychotic Drugs” (pp. 381-423)
- Hancock, S. D, & McKim, W. A. (2018). Drugs and behavior: An introduction to behavioral pharmacology (8th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 12, “Antipsychotic Drugs” (pp. 277–293)
- Spinella, M. (2001). The psychopharmacology of herbal medicine: Plant drugs that alter mind, brain, and behavior. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Chapter 7, “Psychotherapeutic Herbs” (pp. 240–243 & 277–280)
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health. (2013, February). Bipolar disorder.Retrieved from http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/bipolar-disorder/index.shtml
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Mental Health. (2013, February). Schizophrenia.Retrieved from http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/schizophrenia/index.shtml
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
lobbying for better schizophrenia treatment 1 was first posted on June 27, 2020 at 3:39 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org